There are a few things you’ll need to know if you’re interested in amateur radio. You’ll find a few helpful links here to help explain the hobby but the process for getting your license is simple.
1) Study the material either with a study guide, book or by taking the practice tests online.
2) When you’re comfortable with your scores on the practice test you’ll need to find an exam session.
3) Find an exam session. Many of your local clubs will give exam sessions weekly or monthly. It should cost you about $15.
4) Once you pass the exam (the hard part) you have to wait for the FCC to issue you a call sign, then you can get on the air!
5) Find a local repeater that’s friendly to new comers such as the fun machine!
6) Have fun!